Season 2 Episode 23: Housewights
This week we are talking about Housewights, and wights in general. We explore the linguistic roots of the words, and some history and traditions from various cultures, and a few taboos.
The household hint is for blocking weeds, the herb section is about mid-winter edibles, wildcrafting, and plant allies, and the practical section is about navigating without a compass, or a watch.
The recipe this week is for dry roasting ribs in your crock pot, along with a dry rub and homemade bbq sauce.
This episode is 1 hour and 14 minutes long.
Download it here!
Share your comments and questions with us here.
Music and sound effects used in this episode:
- Haunted Blues by FoolBoyMedia | License: Attribution Noncommercial
- Endless Story About Sun and Moon by Kai Engel | License: Attribution-NonCommercial
- House of M off the album Adytum by Tom Fahy | License: CC0 1.0 Universal
- rick-tripper.wav by SSteve | License: Creative Commons 0
- Record Scratches.wav by filmsndfx | License: Creative Commons 0
- Vinyl Backspin and Beat Scratch.wav by ZeSoundResearchInc. | License: Creative Commons 0
- Adytum off the album Adytum by Tom Fahy | License: CC0 1.0 Universal
- House of the Rising Sun (live) by Montana Skies | License: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
- Inelegance off the album The Fringes by Tom Fahy | License: CC0 1.0 Universal
- Dainty 1G73 by Setuniman | License: Attribution Noncommercial
- ominous 0Z19p by Setuniman | License: Attribution Noncommercial